50 Best Inspirational Customer Service Quotes
What is the one factor that all successful businesses have in common?
They push their limits and go the extra mile to make the customers feel appreciated, understood, and valued. They know that the quality of their offerings means nothing without incredible customer service.
According to a report by Oracle, 86% of customers are willing to pay more for better customer service.
So, every good company wants to provide outstanding customer service. Yet, balancing that with other business needs and goals is not always easy. Customer-facing jobs are complex.
Excellent customer service requires time and constant attention, and motivation, as not every customer walks away with a smile on their face. While some days are satisfying and rewarding, others can be frustrating. In those challenging moments, it’s easy to feel drained and forget the importance of your work, so it is vital to keep employees happy. After all, happy employees equal better performance.
Did you know that companies with happy employees outperform by 20% and produce 37% more leads?
So how do we keep our employees happy and motivated?
If you are looking for an answer to this question, worry no more.
We’ve rounded up our favorite inspirational customer service quotes from some authors and experts to inspire you and your customer service team.
Let’s jump right in.
Social Inbox Now
Manage all social media customer support inquiries in a unified inbox.
The Best Inspirational Customer Service Quotes to Motivate Your Customer Service Team
Customer service quotes are sayings that motivate employees to treat their clients better. For instance, “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach. This phrase inspires customer service reps or employees to offer excellent experiences when interacting with customers. Such phrases are known as “customer service quotes” or “customer experience quotes.”
Here’s a list of 50 best quotes that will serve as little reminders and make each customer interaction further than expected — from dissatisfaction to delight.
- “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
- “Good service is good business.” – Siebel Ad
- “The customer’s perception is your reality.” – Kate Zabriskie
- “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- “Instead of focusing on the competition, focus on the customer.” – Scott Cook
- “Be genuine. Be remarkable. Be worth connecting with.” – Seth Godin
- “It takes months to find a customer … seconds to lose one.” – Vince Lombardi
- “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “Good customer service costs less than bad customer service.” – Sally Gronow
- “Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement.” – J. C. Penny
- “In the long arc of time, you are only relevant if customers love you.” – Tim Cook
- “Look after the customer, and the business will take care of itself.” – Ray Kroc
- “When you serve the customer better, they always return on your investment.” – Kara Parlin
- “Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” – Damon Richards
- “The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary.” – Sam Walton,
- “Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the customer gets out of it.” – Peter Drucker
- “One customer well taken care of could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising.”– Jim Rohn
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning” – Bill Gates
- “Revolve your world around the customer, and more customers will revolve around you.” – Heather Williams
- “Great customer service doesn’t mean that the customer is always right; it means that the customer is always honored.” – Chris LoCurto
- “Sales without customer service is like stuffing money into a pocket full of holes.” – David Tooman
- “Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team.” – Lisa Masiello
- “Customers who are merely satisfied remain your customers only as long as everything goes their way.” – Chip Bell
- “Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time, or we’ll lose them.” – Kevin Stirtz
- “If the shopper feels like it was poor service, then it was poor service. We are in the customer perception business.” – Mark Perrault
- “Customer experience is the next competitive battleground. It’s where business is going to be won or lost.” – Tom Knighton
- “The key is to set realistic customer expectations, and then not to just meet them, but to exceed them – preferably in unexpected and helpful ways.” – Richard Branson
- “Know what your customers want most and what your company does best. Focus on where those two meet.” – Kevin Stirtz
- “Customer service is the experience we deliver to our customers. It’s the promise we keep to the customer. It’s how we follow through for the customer. It’s how we make them feel when they do business with us.” – Shep Hyken
- Customer service is part of a holistic customer experience that is capable of providing a critical competitive advantage in today’s increasingly cluttered and commoditized marketplace.” – Joseph Jaffe
- “Customer service is what sets the good companies apart from the bad companies. Think of it as an added value. In today’s competitive industry, everyone can provide the best product, but not great customer service.” – Charles Vallena
- “Customer service is just a day in, day out ongoing, never-ending, unremitting, persevering, compassionate, type of activity.” – Leon Gorman
- “In the world of Internet Customer Service, it’s important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away.” – Doug Warner
- “As a leader, it is important to not just see your own success but focus on the success of others.” – Sundar Pichai
- “If we consistently exceed the expectations of employees, they will consistently exceed the expectations of our customers.” – Shep Hyken
- “If you’re not serving the customer, your job is to be serving someone who is.” – Jan Carlzon
- “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
- “You’ll never have a product or price advantage again. They can be easily duplicated, but a strong customer service culture can’t be copied.” – Jerry Fritz
- “A brand is no longer what we tell the customer it is – it is what customers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
- “After-sales service is more important than assistance before sales. It is through such service that one gets permanent customers.” – Kōnosuke Matsushita
- “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “Building a good customer experience does not happen by accident. It happens by design.” – Clare Muscutt
- “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Leaders must exemplify integrity and earn the trust of their teams through their everyday actions.” – Marillyn Hewson
- “The rules of customer experience management haven’t changed all that much. You still need to be proactive, preventative, and personal.”– John Goodman
- “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton – Travis Biggert
- “The sole reason we are in business is to make life less difficult for our clients.” – Matthew Odgers
- “Simply put: we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services.” – Mark Zuckerberg
- “Customer service shouldn’t just be a department; it should be the entire company.” – Tony Hsieh
Why Is It Important to Keep Your Customer Service Team Motivated?
The customer service teams are the frontline in establishing brand loyalty for most businesses, and providing the best customer service at all times is their top priority. The level of customer service they deliver directly impacts the overall experience your customers will have, which often determines whether your customer will keep coming back or forget your brand forever. Therefore, it’s essential to consistently support customer service teams motivated to deliver positive experiences to your customers.
Whether you are a customer service manager or team leader, or even the CEO, it is essential to keep your agents motivated, engaged and enthusiastic. It may sound like a challenge – but it’s not.
Your responsibility as a manager is to find ways to boost your customer service team’s morale and keep them engaged in their work. But how do you accomplish this task?
Research shows that employee engagement is rising across the U.S., with just 16 percent actively engaged. There’s still a long way to go.
While for some workers, earning money and taking pride in a job well done is all the motivation they need. For others, staying motivated is a relatively more challenging task, and there may be several reasons for this, such as:
- Poor pay
- Too much workload
- Feeling unappreciated
- Unpleasant coworkers
- Overbearing bosses
There may be other reasons, but five primary reasons can demotivate employees and impact their performance. They may not be able to fulfill even their most basic duties.
Team Leaders and Managers need to recognize when agents are unmotivated and take action to motivate agents to love their work rather than work duty-bound. Use customer service quotes to inspire them to help customers because they genuinely want to, not just because their contract tells them to.
Customer service quotes will help them stay motivated to find the perfect balance and harmony in the office with the right attitude and boost their commitment to work hard and achieve goals.
The list mentioned above of customer service quotes will boost the team’s motivation and help them find that perfect balance and harmony in the office when you approach work with the right attitude.
How to Motivate Your Customer Service Team with Inspirational Customer Service Quotes?
Keep your team reminded of these beautiful quotes with your team members, and keep your work environment cheerful and staff encouraged.
Whether you’re a team manager or the owner of your company, understand that inspiring your customer service team is crucial to efficient customer service operations.
Treat yourself as the cheerleader of the employees. Use positive language, affirmative words, and other motivational tactics such as our motivational quotes to keep your support machine well-oiled and increase customer loyalty.
Chalkboard / Whiteboard
Yes, offices still use whiteboards or chalkboards. If you don’t have it, start using one. It is one of the effective ways to deliver your quotes. You can place the whiteboard or chalkboard visible to display the inspirational customer service quotes.
Email is one of the most common communication channels globally, and employees check official emails all day. So, you can be sure that your message will be read. If you work remotely with your team, a weekly or monthly email with a quote and your thoughts can promote optimistic vibes within your operation.
Everyone has a desk, right? If your team’s strength is less. You can hand each employee a motivational poster or card. They can either pin it to their desk wall behind their workspace or keep it in their drawer so that it can motivate them whenever they read it.
Mass Text Messages
Finally, if you want to leverage the use of technology, consider setting up an SMS campaign wherein you send the quotes directly to your employees’ mobile phones. The best part about this idea is that your agents are more likely on their phones when they’re not working, keeping your operations at the front of their minds.
Agents represent your brand as a whole and are the first point of contact for your customers, so they must always give their best to wow the customers. So, motivating your customer service team is essential to providing a positive customer experience.
This blog has curated some of the best inspirational customer service quotes to motivate your customer service team to deliver beyond outstanding service. These quotes will encourage everyone – from the agents to the CEO- and help get your business fired up. Stick these motivational quotes at your office and share them with your team.
Excellent customer service is important for businesses because it can increase customer loyalty and lead to higher profits. A report by Oracle found that 86% of customers are willing to pay more for better customer service.
Some ways to keep customer service employees motivated include using inspirational quotes, recognizing and rewarding good work, and creating a positive work environment. Companies with happy employees have been found to outperform by 20% and produce 37% more leads.
Some examples of customer service quotes that can be used to motivate employees include: “Make a customer, not a sale,” “The customer’s perception is your reality,” and “Good customer service costs less than bad customer service.” Other options include “Instead of focusing on the competition, focus on the customer,” “Be genuine. Be remarkable. Be worth connecting with,” and “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.”
Social Inbox Now
Manage all social media customer support inquiries in a unified inbox.
Related Article – Best Customer Service Blogs of 2022
Customer service blogs are pretty influential on your business’s image and they help you connect with your customers on a deeper level. Read more.