How to Thank Customers on Social Media: Best Templates
Customer appreciation is one of the key aspects of any good customer loyalty strategy. However, it’s still staggering how many businesses simply don’t care about showing appreciation or ignore it in their tactics. The truth is, a little appreciation can go a long way – especially when it’s delivered through social media. That’s why you need to know how to thank customers.
It can be difficult to make the first step, though.
So here we are to deliver you a couple of thank you messages, examples, resources, and templates on how you can say “thank you” to your customers on social media and turn each prospect into a loyal customer for your business.
Social Inbox Now
Manage all social media customer support inquiries in a unified inbox.
Why Should You Thank Customers on Social Media?
Well, simply because they are your sources for prospect and success.. They help you build your brand, grow sales, and meet business goals.
As such, clients simply deserve nice thank you notes when the occasion arises. When you express genuine gratitude towards your customers on social media, you:
#1 Show That You Value Them
This declaration also reflects positively on your business image and attracts new potential customers who see that you know how to treat the people who support you.
Showing thanks is a simple way to make an amazing impression, whether it’s the first or one of many.
#2 Encourage Customer Loyalty
Expressing gratitude can also positively affect your social media following and help your small business build a good reputation online. People will be more likely to follow and interact with a business that is polite, caring, and attentive to its customers.
This can result in stronger customer relationships and more returning clients to your business. As you have read from many resources before, customer retention is easier than customer acquisition, and loyalty will organically boost your retention. And that’s what every business wants, isn’t it?
#3 Improve Customer Satisfaction Rates
Thanking your customers is one of the easiest practices to boost your customer satisfaction rates through the roof.
Let’s say you sell cosmetics and include small handwritten cards with each purchase containing a simple thank you message. No subject line is needed – just a short “thank you” can grant you customer loyalty and differentiate you from other businesses.
Your customers will be delighted by the personal touch they receive from your company and recommend to others your company name per se and the positive experience they receive.
By showing gratitude, you not only make customers feel good. If they also leave positive reviews of their purchases on social media, they might encourage others who see those posts to try out your products.
A “thank you note” is a small thing that can significantly impact how customers perceive your business. And businesses are successful because of the sum of little things, so don’t neglect them.
#4 Boost Brand Image and Awareness
Showing gratitude might not seem like a way to directly improve brand awareness or image. Thank customers who praise your brand on social media, and you will indirectly show other people what kind of small business you are.
And, since customers want to feel appreciated, working on “thank you” notes will only reflect positively on your brand name. It will also help you stand out from the competition and make a name for yourself as a company that cares about its customers. So, if you haven’t been using this tactic before, it’s time to start.
Where to Thank Your customers? Valued Customer Appreciation Types
“Thank you” messages may vary in form, length, and personalization, depending on the context, platform, and situation. We have identified a few types of “thank you” messages you should have in handy.
#1 Direct Messages
You can be praised (or roasted) in a direct message on any social media platform. The great thing is that you can use this opportunity to thank customers in private.
A simple “thank you for your kind words” would be appreciated and might even encourage the sender to leave more reviews in the future. You can also use this as an opportunity to ask customers about their experience with your product or purchase and get some feedback that you can use to improve your business.
Thanking customers via direct messages usually happens when:
- A customer reports a bug or error – thank them for pointing this flaw out
- A customer has a problem with their purchase – thank them for reporting the issue and solve it at the same time
- A customer has a non-standard question (e.g. asks about collaboration) – thank them for their message and proceed according to your SOPs
Comments are usually easier to write than private messages, so you might receive more of the former than the latter. You shouldn’t go into much detail here compared to direct messages.
A simple “thank you” message will suffice in many such situations and works towards a better customer experience. Some companies even thank many customers by simply leaving a reaction under their comments.
Thanking customers via comments usually happens when:
- A customer comments on a post advertising a particular product – thank them and encourage them to (repeat) purchase
- A customer shares their experience with the product in the comments section – thank them for their kind words
- A customer leaves a comment as their first touchpoint with your brand – thank them for their potential interest
Above, we described cases where you usually thank a single customer. You can also use posts to thank new and returning customers for a bunch of activities, including:
- Their continued support
- Record-breaking weekend sales
- The successful launch of a new product
- T new feature that was added upon many customer requests
- Them sending you some user-generated content or reviews and more…
While you cannot personalize such messages to the brim, it’s a good business practice to be thankful for your follower base and keep your social media updated.
#4 Comments and Reviews Elsewhere on Social media
Social media doesn’t end on your own profile. You can also express gratitude for comments, tags, and reviews left under other social media posts and pages that do not belong to you.
This tactic always comes with an element of surprise or suspense since you never know what might be written about you elsewhere. As word-of-mouth marketing is a powerful tool, comments outside of your own profile can also attract new potential customers.
Even if a comment is not particularly positive, you should react and possibly even express thanks for it (if constructive). This approach can be a significant part of your social media engagement strategy. You may also be tagged in a comment or post or mentioned without an actual tag.
Fortunately, social media monitoring tools like Juphy can notify you whenever your brand is mentioned, even without a tag. You can use them to react quickly and show gratitude for any mention.
How to Thank Customers on Social media: Examples and Templates
You should be well aware by now that there are several places where you can show gratitude to your customers. So, let’s see some examples and templates that you can use for your business.
#1 “Thank you” Direct Message Templates – First Contact
Here are some examples of “thank you” direct messages that you can use when customers contact you for the first time.
- Thank you for reaching out! How can we help you?
- Thank you for contacting us. How may we assist you?
- Hello, thank you for getting in touch. How can we help?
- Hi there, thanks for writing. How can I be of assistance?
- Thank you for your message. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us and will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Thank you for reaching out to us, [Name]!
- Thank you for reaching out to us, [Name]. How can we help you?
- Thank you for contacting us, [Name]. How may we assist you?
- Hello, [Name]. Thank you for getting in touch with us. How can we help?
- Thank you for your message. Currently, all of our agents are busy helping other customers. Please bear with us, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Thank you for reaching out. We’re currently experiencing a high volume of messages. Please bear with us, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. [GIF thank you]
#2 “Thank you” Direct Message Templates – Answering a Query
When you get back to a customer and answer their initial query, it’s always a good idea to thank them for their patience. You can also use this opportunity to invite them to reach out again in case they need further assistance.
- Thank you for your patience. Here’s what I found out: [ANSWER]. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out again.
- Thank you for waiting. Here’s what I can tell you: [ANSWER]. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.
- Thank you for your feedback and patience, [Name]. Here’s what I can tell you: [ANSWER]. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.
- Thanks for holding on, [Name]! Here’s what I found out: [ANSWER]. Is there anything else I can help you with?
- Thanks for your patience, [Name]. As you requested, [ANSWER]. Is there anything else I can help you with?
- Thank you for your message! [ANSWER]. Please let me know if there’s anything else I need to clarify.
- Thanks for letting us know, [Name]. [ANSWER]. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out again.
- Thank you for letting us know, [Name]. [ANSWER]. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you.
- Thanks for getting in touch with us about this, [Name]. [ANSWER]. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out again.
- Thanks for letting us know, [Name]. [ANSWER]. Is there anything else I can do for you or anyone else you would like us to put you in touch with?
- Thanks for letting us know, [Name]. We’ve passed on your feedback to the team. In the meantime, [ANSWER]. Is there anything else I can do for you?
- Thank you for your message! We have received your request and will get back to you as soon as possible.
#3 “Thank you” Comment Templates
Usually, thank you notes in comments are short and encourage customers to get in touch with you via private messages containing more detail. Here are some examples you can use:
- Thanks for spotting it, [Name]! Could you please send us a DM with more details?
- Thanks for letting us know, [Name]. Please send us a DM with more details, and we’ll take a look.
- Thank you for bringing this to our attention, [Name]. Please send us a DM so we can investigate further.
- Thanks for reaching out about this, [Name]. Please send us a DM with more details, and we’d be happy to help.
- Thanks for your feedback, [Name]. Please send us a DM with more details, and we’ll take a look.
- Hello, [Name]! Thanks for letting us know. Could you please send us a DM with more information?
- Thanks for letting us know, [Name]. Please DM us for more information, and we’d be happy to help.
- Hello, thanks for getting in touch. For us to investigate this further, could you please send a DM with more information?
- Hey [Name], thanks for your kind words! We’re delighted to hear you’re happy with your purchase.
- Hey [Name], thanks for letting us know. We’re sorry to hear you’re not pleased with your purchase. Could you please send us a DM so we can look into this further?
- Thank you for your review, [Name]. We’re glad you love your purchase. Is there anything else we can do for you?
#4 Mass Customer Gratitude Social Media Post Templates
You’ve just opened a new store and want to thank new customers for joining you on the journey. Or maybe you want to show thankfulness for your long-time customers’ loyalty.
A “mass” social media post can play the role of a shout-out to all of your customers at once. Of course, you should still tailor them to sound like personalized thank you notes for everyone on board with you.
- We’d like to thank all of our customers for their continuous support. We’re going to keep providing you with the best service possible here at [Company Name].
- Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! To each and every customer, old and new – we couldn’t have done it without you. Here’s to many more years of success together. We’ve been open for [X weeks/months] now, and it’s all thanks to the amazing support we’ve received from our customers.
- We’d like to say “thank you” to every customer who has supported us through [PERIOD OF TIME]. This short thank you note comes straight from our hearts, and we sincerely appreciate all that you’ve done for our company. Everyone at [Company name] would love to thank you.
- Thank you to all of our customers who just made their first purchase from our [Company name] business. We’re truly grateful for your support and can’t wait to see what the future holds.
- A big thank you to all of our clients who have been with us from the beginning. Thank you for your loyalty, and we look forward to our further journey together. Your [Company name] team.
- Thank you for all the kind reviews you left for us at [PLATFORM]. Our [Company Name] rating of 5/5 speaks louder than any words we can say, and it’s all thanks to clients like you. We’ll do our best to live up to your expectations.
- Business means a lot to us, but our clients mean everything. This is our thank you message to all of you who’ve been with us through the years. You’re the ones who have helped us grow and develop, and we’ll never forget it. We’re truly moved.
- Thank you to all our customers for your patience and understanding during these difficult times. You are the reason why [Company name] is still here. That’s why we decided to release a special coupon code you can use in our online stores – your support means the world to us.
Bonus: How to Appreciate Your Valued Customers Even More
Expand a positive experience with a handwritten card for a recent purchase.
Each handwritten thank you note can easily result in some user-generated content, as many customers will share them further and thus generate extra awareness for your company.
Make sure your customers trust your company.
Show some gratitude for the risk they take when trusting your business with their personal information. Your efforts to shock them with a personalized message will definitely pay off.
Do something special for a customer that goes above and beyond.
This could be a free upgrade, a huge discount for their next purchase, or anything else that will make them feel like a truly valued customer. Get your creativity involved, and you’ll soon see customer loyalty skyrocketing.
Don’t use complex vocabulary.
A thank you note doesn’t have to be teary or too emotional. Be sincere and personal, but most importantly, be yourself. Even a simple “Thank you for your purchase” can make someone’s day and encourage them to do repeat business.
Create more resources for customers
Give your clients a break from overly promotional content, and offer them something truly useful instead. That could be a guide related to what they just bought in your online store or an instructional video, for example. As long as the resources are relevant and helpful, they will be appreciated by your customers.
“Thank you” Is the Key to Loyal Customers
As a sign-off, “thank you” consists of only two words. You may think that two words mean nothing, but they do.
Showing gratitude to your customers with even short “thank you” messages can help your business improve the customer experience you provide, save time on customer service, and boost customer loyalty. These all lead to more repeat customers; hence being thankful shouldn’t be kept for a special occasion. You can use Juphy’s features like canned responses and automation rules to help you thank your customers efficiently. Start your 7-day free trial now!
Thank your customers for their extra effort, a recent purchase, or even for reading a blog post. You will see the difference in no time.
Social Inbox Now
Manage all social media customer support inquiries in a unified inbox.
Related Article – Social CRM Strategy: 6 Tips for Success
Social media combined with excellent CRM makes today’s brand a powerful social CRM strategy. We’ve spotlighted the steps to build one. Read now!